Friday, January 17, 2014

Faithful Fridays # 5

Every Friday I want to give you what has gotten me through the week. A little bit of hope and faith...

I work with women who are in need in our cities as a counselor. These women have experienced the worse of the worse, they have been abused, raped, prostituted, beaten, drug addicts, and homeless. Many have lost their children, their families, many were raped, abused, or hurt by family members and yet every week they amaze me with their hope and faith.

So in honor of them I want to share some of the inspiring things they have taught me.

Here's a good trick and something that I share with the ladies. Everyone knows this verse but change the word love for your name...

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres ~ 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

So instead it would read:
Sara is patient
Sara is kind
She does not envy
she does not boast
she is not proud
She does not dishonor others
nor is she self-seeking,
she is not easily angered,
she keeps no record of wrongs
Sara does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
She always protects, always trusts, always keeps hope and always preservers.

I hope to one day be able to say that Sara has managed to do all of these things. And this is what I strive for every day to live with this as my example.

No comments:

Post a Comment