Friday, March 21, 2014

Feature and Follow ~ #3


Welcome to the Feature & Follow


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.


Question of the Week: How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.


I started off in hard core romance... then it slowly switched about the time paranormal romance was HUGE on the scene and brand new. Then I slipped into YA and then back out to end up with Urban Fantasy because I love me so KICK BUTT HEROINES. But then they all started to act the same, look the same, and got a little too hard headed for me so I went back to straight up fantasy and WHEW blew my mind and apparently my time...

So I ended up with what I read now which is a little of YA mixed with a thinking book, added with a graphic novel for kicks, and an EPIC Fantasy on the side.

I do tend to read less now simply due to school but come MAY 10TH I GRADUATE Y'ALL!!! Going to finally get that Master's degree and then POOF more reading time right?! Right?!

I think my habits changed simply due to the fact that I started running out of time, had less enthusiasm for romance (just don't believe in the HEA any more) and got tired of the smart ass damsels that are too hard or too stupid to be a heroine and moved on to easy peasy lemon squeezy kind of reading.



Now for the Follow Fun!

With GFC going the way of the dodo bird for many bloggers, there is no better time to start following blogs via RSS feed. If you use a reader, it would be great if you followed my RSS directly.
Follow on Bloglovin




RULES
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name and; URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



7 comments:

  1. I feel like your brain kind of works like mine and you're reading patterns were like mine and I can't wait to finish school so I can read more too!! New follower via Bloglovin' and GFC. (Oh and I love how you put all of your meme's in the header like that. Is it okay if I'm a copycat?!) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a gellow student and reader!!! Feel free to copy away! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love how you've genre hopped! :) Congrats on being so close to finishing your masters...and I hope you'll have more reading time. *ha* I've begun reading more since my kids have gotten older. Happy Friday! I'm a new follower via GFC & Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am hoping that I will be able to read but if history has showed me anything its reading will not happen without some dedication ;)
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I love exploring other genres as well. There are too many good books to limit myself to one genre. New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Congrats on graduating soon! and I read your post below and I love Firefly too.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you don't dig romances anymore because those are the easy reads for me.

    New follower via Bloglovin and GFC!

    This is my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete