Friday, February 22, 2013

OUAT thoughts up to ep 10

So I am getting pretty far with this show and I have to say I like the twists and turns it is taking with the fairy tales.
We have met Snow White, Prince Charming, their child all grown up Emma Swan. We have met the Wicked Stepmother that started this whole thing off with the "Cure" that no one would have their happy ending. We have met the Huntsman who was suppose to kill Snow White but let her go (PS and major spoiler coming so don't read further if you haven't seen season 1... He's dies OMFG seriously right when I was just starting to like him and was hopeful that him and Emma could have a HEA and then that happens... Seriously was pissed when I saw that)
So after the huntsman we met and got to know Prince Charming's first wife/finance the daughter of King Midas whose name eludes me. We also met and heard the tragic tale of Cinderella and her Prince Thomas. We learned that she made a deal with Rumplestiltskin that involved her baby. Then we learned the back story of Rumplestiltskin and how he became the MESSED up creature he is and what gave him the power. Oh then in an interesting but not really side note we met Jiminy Cricket who turns out was a human first who hated his life and made a deal with Rumplestiltskin to have that life cease. But as we learn all magic comes at a price and ended Japedos (sp?) parents death hence why he ended up with Pinocchio conscience. In that episode we saw Snow White's coffin that was buried under a mineshaft and it looks as if the curse might finally be breaking.
Then a twist comes and we learn that Prince Charming had a twin and wasn't raised as a prince he was only acting so that his mother and the farm would be safe.
Oh and I apparently missed this important fact but the Evil Queen AKA Regina AKA the Mayor of Storybrooke knows she is the evil queen I thought no one knew who they were except Henry and Emma?!?!
Needless to say after the death of the Sheriff Emma is elected in when Regina's man (who also happens to be the magic mirror in fairytale land) loses to her in an election. Then we met Hansel and Gretel which I thought was funny since I saw the movie before I left and well it wasn't that great. But this was about the children not the adult version and yes there was a house made of candy and the witch in it did burn to death.
Whew needless to say I am only on episode 10 and I am seriously confused at times, invested at others and dying to know how the HEA is going to happen b/c it must in order to be a true fairytale...

So what do you guys think? Does anyone else watch this show or am I alone in this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment