Thursday, January 24, 2013

Skin on SPN and not the kind you hope for

This episode is called Skin and I can tell you it is not the good kind of skin (AKA Jensen Ackles naked, shirtless or well you know with someone) but the nasty type of skin the kind that rips off *cue puking noise cause I almost did that like 4 times during this one*

Because I'm not a fan of skin unless it's Jensen Ackles' bare skin and well I don't care for the shapeshifter storyline and Supernatural does tackle this beast a few times. I am going to do a quote with my thoughts and maybe some pics added in to just well hell mix things up.

We start off with the police coming a girl freaking tied to a chair a bloody and well Dean and Sam in a car. Fun times for the boys except the boy who is holding the knife that the police are after looks a HELL of a lot like DEAN WTF? then we flash back to a week ago with the boys in a car doing God knows what... oh yeah thanks to the recap they are hunting for dad and the thing that killed Jess. That is the theme for this season so be prepared to hear it A LOT. So we cue to a gas station where Dean tries to tell Sam the path of life or whatever they are currently hunting.

Dean:: ...then head south, Bisbee by midnight. (seeing no reaction from Sam) Sam wears women's underwear.

While that was cute, Sam is not amused and decided reading his emails are more important than sexy older brother's (forever known in this episode as SOB when talking about Dean in a sexy older brother role) plans. Although this was like 6 years or 7 years ago was cell phone reception that good then and serious that data roaming plan had to be OUTSTANDING except that its under a fake name so never mind....

Any who Dean wants to know what Sam is doing and gets this reply...
Sam: I got this email from this girl Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine.
Dean: Is she hot?
Sam: I went to school with her and her brother Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend and Rebecca says he didn't do it but sounds like the cops got a pretty good case.
Dean: Dude, what kind of people were you hanging out with?


LOL sorry that got a reaction out of me it's a good question I mean who hangs out with people who murder their girlfriends right? This leads to a discussion about why Sam has friends instead of being like Dean who has none and is A OK with that. Sam says he does Dean says dude how can you there is no way you tell them what you do.

Dean: Well, so you lie to them?
Sam: No, I just don't tell them... everything.

Dean
: Yeah, that's called lying.
Very good point SOB. Basically they go on and on about being alone and not having friends.
Dean: What it sucks, but with a job like this you can't get close to people, period.
Sam
: You're kinda anti-social, you know that?

So Sam insist they go back 400 miles to St. Louis to check this out. Next they go to Rebecca's house and it is FREAKING huge did you know her parents live in Paris half the year? Well neither did I what a little rich girl she turns out to be. Sam goes on to lie to her telling her that Dean is a cop which Dean corrects and says he's a detective from Bisbee Arizona (glad he cleared that up b/c I had NO idea where Bisbee was in the beginning but now I totally get it). Rebecca buys it and lets the guys go to the dead girlfriend of the brother's house and they break in. It's gory it's full of blood but no other clues except...

Dean: So the neighbours dog went psycho right around the time Zack's girlfriend was killed.
Sam
: Animals can have a sharp sense of paranormal.

Dean
: Yeah, maybe Fido saw something.
Sam
: So, you think maybe this is our kind of problem? (with an 'I told you so' look)
Dean
: (looking unconvinced) No, probably not. But we should look at the security tape just to make sure.
Sam
: Yeah. (grinning)
Dean
: Yeah.

So turns out little rich girl Rebecca (LRGR) stole the security tape from the lawyer's office which is a little strange to me did the lawyers wonder what happened to the tape? What kind of attorney leaves the stupid evidence out on a desk for anyone to steal and then not know? Anyway these things bother me sometimes but, I tend to over think crap a lot so no surprise there.
On ward and up ward the boys are watching the tape at LRGR's house and low and behold Sam spots the eyes glow on the fake brother which immediately leads to a shapeshifter kind of myth thing happening but Dean doesn't look convinced.

Dean: Alright, so what are we doing here 5:30 in the morning?
Sam
: I realised something. The video tape showed the killer going in but not coming out.
Dean: So it came out the back door.

Sam
: Right. So there should be a trail to follow. A trail the police would never find.
Dean
: 'Cause they think the killer never left, because they caught your friend inside (mutters under his breath) Still don't know that we're doing here at 5:30 in the morning...

Cute little scene that Sam finds blood and leads them to hearing and chasing an ambulance which in most states not cool if you happen to be an attorney.
Anyway at the new scene they find out a man attacked his wife but, claims he was driving back from the airport when the attack happened.

Dean: Hey! Remember I said this wasn't our kind of problem?
Sam: Yeah
.
Dean
: Definitely our kind of problem.

Sam
: So watcha find out?

yeah sorry just summed that up... moving on
Sam: Lemme ask you this. In all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?
Dean
: Not that I know.
Sam
: I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way
.
Dean
: Just like your friend Zack's house.

Sam
: Yeah. And just like Zack's house, the trail suddenly... ends. And whatever it is, it just disappeared.
Dean
: Well, there's another way to go... (pauses) down
.
Eck I don't do sewers I mean, no that's just, nah not my thing so right there I can't be a hunter I refuse to do sewers...SO down they go those brave men them. And here's where a little bit of throw up came up in my mouth it was gross so just use your imagination

Dean: (fingering piece of skin-like goo with his pocket knife) You know what? I just had a sick thought. When the shape shifter changes shape, maybe it sheds.
Sam
: That is sick.

Yep couldn't agree more Sam... So they head back up and Sam gets a call from LRGR who is pissed with Sam b/c she told the attorney about them going to the crime scene and DEAN is not a cop. Well LRGR did you tell them that you are the one that stole the security tape. Talk about tampering with evidence before you get all high and mighty maybe you should re-think taking crap from evidence b/c I seriously bet that would harm your brother's case just as much as Sam and Dean breaking and entering a crime scene. And seriously why the frack would you tell people that?!? So now you're stupid and rich? Blimey do you have any good qualities? After she hangs up on Sam who claims he is just trying to help and seriously Bitch you will be very glad of their help by the end of this show b/c blond hair ladies DO NOT LAST long at all and the longer this show continues on the air the quicker the go and even brunettes no longer are safe.

Back in the sewer they go and this would be the 2nd time I nearly lost my dinner...
Dean: I think we're close to its lair.
Sam
: Why do you say that?
Dean
: 'Cause there's another puke-inducing pile next to your face.
OMG it was horrible what the hell is up with the graphics this starts out as a low budget show people the graphics should be horrible low budget as well not this nasty crap.
Okay then cue the typical Supernatural stuff back guy is smart and on to the sexy brothers and manages to shift into Dean's SOB self he tries to convince Sam that he's the real SOB but, well brothers know brothers right?
Sam: Don't move! What have you done with him?
Shapeshifter as Dean: Dude! Chill! It's me, alright?
Sam: No. I don't think so. Where's my brother?
Shapeshifter as Dean: You're about to shoot him. Sam, calm down.

Sam
: You caught those keys with your left. Your shoulder was hurt?
Shapeshifter as Dean
: Yeah, it's better. What do you want me to do, cry?
Sam
: You're not my brother.
Shapeshifter as Dean
: Why don't you pull the trigger then? 'Cause your not sure. Dude! You know me!
Sam
: Don't...
(shapeshifter knocks him out)


Except not b/c I would've shot his ass and apologized later to Dean had I been wrong again another prime example of why I am not a hunter nor a SOB! Ha take that smart asses! Cue big fight I'm not sure why or how b/c Sam is knocked out but there you go

Shapeshifter as Dean: He's sure got issues with you. You got to go to college. He had to stay home - I mean, I had to stay home - with dad. You don't think I had dreams of my own? But dad needed me. Where the hell were you?
wait maybe that was before the knock out?!? Shit I don't know anymore
Back in the freaking sewer/layer we find SOB tied up and looking good like that I might add if one can forget he is in a sewer...
Dean: That better be you Sam and not that freak of nature.
Sam
: Yeah, it's me. He went to Becca's house... Looking like you.
Dean: Well, he's not stupid, he picked the handsome one.

LOL yes, yes he did and he managed to kick both of your asses maybe next time don't under estimate the man or girl or thing that can look like you... just a word of advice for das brothers.
Sam: Come on! We gotta find a phone, call the police.
Dean
: Whoa! Whoa whoa whoa! You gonna put an APB out on me?

Back at the hotel after a shower I hope
(After watching a news update of the shapehiter's appearance as himself on TV)
Dean: Man! That's not even a good picture
!


Sam
: It's good enough.
*cough* I concur just wanted to say that moving on...
Dean: But first I want to find that handsome devil and kick the holy crap out him. (LOL sorry I laughed so hard I had to pause after this one)
Sam
: We have no weapons, no silver bullets.
Dean
: Sam, the guy's walking around with my face, ok? It's a little personal, I want to find him!
I agree I don't know if the female population can take two SOB's LOL
Sam: The car?
Dean
: I'm betting he drove over to Rebecca's.
Sam
: The news said he set out on foot. I bet its still parked there.
Dean
: Augh! The thought of him driving my car!
Sam
: Oh, come on!
Dean
: It's killing me!
Sam
: Let it go.

Dean has an unusual obsession with his car I like to think he names her Sarai...
(arriving at Rebecca's and seeing his car)
Dean
: Ah ha! There she is! (breathes out heavily) Finally something went right tonight.
(police siren's and car appears)

Dean: Ah crap.

And the worse is yet to come turns out LRGR is tied up and looking abused and well the fight is truly on at this point oh and the beginning scene is starting to make more sense... Wow it took them a WHOLE week to do the above and it only took me 45 minutes to watch. That's the miracle of TV folks.
Shapeshifter as Dean: Even when we were kids, I always kicked your ass!
take that as you want I take it as the SOB who is clearly older should always be able to kick the younger brother's ass until he reaches his 50's then watch out SUCKA
Anyway opening scene happens again police shoot Dean or Dean shoots Dean I'm still confused on what happened but anywho flash back to the car Sarai

Dean: Sorry man.
Sam: About what?

Dean
: I really wish things could be different you know? I wish you could just be... Joe College.
Sam
: Nah, it's ok. You know, the truth is even at Stanford, deep down I never really fit in.
Dean
: Well that's 'cause you're a freak.
Sam: Yeah, thanks.
Dean: Well, I'm a freak too. I'm right there with you... All the way.

Sam
: (chuckles) Yeah, I know you are.
and off they drive
Dean: You know I gotta say... I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it.
Sam
: Miss what?
Dean
: How many chances am I gonna have to see my own funeral?

Lesson learned: Shafeshifters suck and are gross avoid them at all cost
Grade: B other than the puke worthy moments and some funny lines it was just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment