Monday, November 1, 2010

Movie Monday


Okay this week we have 3 movies that I've been trying to review for a while. So they will be sweet and to the point. God willing!

First up is Legion!

This movie was surprisingly good. I didn't think I would like it and let's be honest the whole Angel saving mankind thing has been over done (or maybe I just think so b/c of Supernatural) but it turns out I really enjoyed it. Plus I was forced to watch it by co-worker who swore it was "like the best EVER!"At first I was worried b/c I can't watch scary movies at all I really, really can't. But this one wasn't so much as scary as it could've been.

The creepiest part was the little boy which OMG freaked me out for days. If you've seen this movie you know what I am talking about. For some reason I really liked the girl that played Charlie and I am starting to grow on that name as well which is werid cause usually I'm anti-boy names for girls.

Anyway Charlie is pregos and her baby will save man kind. Michael is going to stop the angels from killing the baby b/c if he does then Humans can live. If he doesn't then well we are all doomed. The catch Charlie works in a no named resturant in a no named small town and they are all trapped in the diner when the angels attack to kill the child.

Final grade C (good but not good enough to watch over and over)

Okay next up is Battle Royale which the whole reason I even picked this movie up was due to reading the book it's based on. The book AWESOME the movie not so much.

Of course keep in mind the movie is Korean and the book is based in Japan. So the movie changed the names of the kids which turned out to really confuse me and it too liberities with adding in characters which again confused me. The subtitles were not bad and easy to follow but overall the movie had a different feel to it.

I would only recommend this movie if A) you haven't already read the book, and B) if you are into foreign films and enjoy them. Since I only like the romantic/dramatic flicks in foreign lanuages I didn't care for the violence b/c it was just a little more over the top then I am use to but then again I'm not much of a fan of violence.
Final rating D



Lastly was Despicable Me with Steve Carell and I have to say I watched this movie a LONG time ago in fact I watched it when it first came out in the theaters.
This movie is so freakin cute and sweet I LOVED it. Made my animated movie of the year. It was funny and loveable at the same time and that is hard to accomplish. Not to mention it delt with some seriously hard issues like being abandon as a kid and finding someone to love you. Or about being evil and told to be evil only to discover being good isn't so bad.

This movie had me laughing and crying it had me wanting it for Christmas. There's not much more I can say other than this is a great movie to take both kids to and to sit through as a parent!

Final Grade: A

2 comments:

  1. I want to see Despicable ME!!!! I will rent it for Thanksgiving weekend for a family movie night. Lord knows with 11 and 15 year old daughters... family movie night is NOT on their list of priorities anymore. *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despicable me was great for both the kids and the adults. I did seriously laugh and cry throughout the movie. LOVED IT and want it for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete