Saturday, July 12, 2014

Star Trek (1966) Saturday ~ #1 S1 E1


So first and foremost sorry for the poor audio quality I am hoping it will improve over time as this goes. Also this is EXTREMELY long episode I mean like an hour and 4 minutes give or take so, sorry about that.
Second I watched Star Trek (1966) Pilot (The Cage) this is my initial reaction whilst watching unedited. It is the FULL episode I own nothing except my sultry voice...

Here we go




Summary:
The USS Enterprise, under the command of Captain Christopher Pike, receives a radio distress call from the fourth planet in the Talos star group. A landing party is assembled and beamed down to investigate. Tracking the distress signal to its source, the landing party discovers a camp of survivors from a scientific expedition that has been missing for 18 years. Among the survivors is a beautiful young woman named Vina. 
Captivated by her beauty, Pike is caught off guard and is captured by the Talosians, a race of humanoids with bulbous heads who live beneath the planet's surface. It is revealed that the distress call, and the crash survivors, except for Vina, are just illusions created by the Talosians to lure the Enterprise to the planet. While imprisoned, Pike uncovers the Talosians' plans to repopulate their ravaged planet using himself and Vina as breeding stock for a race of slaves.

COMPLAINTS/CONCERNS/ISSUES
Needless to say I respect this show and the fans however, I also have no filter and I suspect I will manage to piss some people off. If I do please feel free to email me your hate mail: saraileeb@gmail.com
or send it to my twitter @Sarais_thoughts or @SaraiNerdingOut 

No comments:

Post a Comment