Monday, January 6, 2014

Review ~ Sacred Sex by Tony Evans



Title: Sacred Sex
Author: Tony Evans
Format: E-book
Review for: Netgalley
Publication Date: 1/4/2014

My Thoughts:
I thought this book was okay. I appreciate the Biblical background of it and understood where Mr. Evans was coming from. While I found myself agreeing with him on many points I also found myself feeling shame. Mr. Evans pushes purity and staying a virgin, but really lacks the importance of what about if you’re not. Throughout the book I found that I was almost ashamed of my past, which as a Christian I am. That being said if my past is forgiven and forgotten then why does Mr. Evans make me feel so bad. Is it because I made a mistake and am no longer pure? When Mr. Evans finally got around to discussing those of us that are not pure it was a quick couple of paragraphs about truly repenting and asking for forgiveness without any help about moving on. I am one of those that believe it’s easier to stay pure when you’ve never experienced sex, but what about if you have. Does Mr. Evans realize how hard (no pun intended) it is for those of us that have already sinned and know it? How much more the stress is own for us to be pure and remain that way? I would love to see Mr. Evans help those of us with experience to remain pure with practical advice and less guilt. This is a book that I would give my niece or young people like youth kids, but it is not something I would give someone who is divorced or made a mistake when it came to sex.


No comments:

Post a Comment