Friday, December 27, 2013

Faithful Fridays #2

Every Friday I want to give you what has gotten me through the week. A little bit of hope and faith...

I work with women who are in need in our cities as a counselor. These women have experienced the worse of the worse, they have been abused, raped, prostituted, beaten, drug addicts, and homeless. Many have lost their children, their families, many were raped, abused, or hurt by family members and yet every week they amaze me with their hope and faith.

So in honor of them I want to share some of the inspiring things they have taught me.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve for the purpose for which I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-9 & 11

No comments:

Post a Comment