Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review ~ Goul Goblin by Jim Butcher

Ghoul Goblin by Jim Butcher
Published: 12/3/2013
Pages:152 page
Purchased: ARC given by Netgalley
Ebook

Goodreads Summary:
Harry Dresden, a Chicago private investigator and wizard, heads to a small, isolated Missouri town terrorized by Nevernever monsters. The singularly unfortunate Talbot family has suffered a curse that has decimated their number for generations, and only our hero can save them... that is, if he can survive hostile lawmen, the dark secrets of townsfolk, an ancient guardian spirit, and two deadly carnivores! Can Dresden cleanse the Talbot bloodline of its curse without a blood sacrifice of his own?

My Thoughts:


First let me start off by telling you I am a HUGE Harry Dresden fan. I have read every book that Mr. Butcher has put out on this character, including but not limited to his graphic novels. This is an excellent story. The graphics were great, I felt like I really got a feel for the characters. Harry was true to Harry and it took a minute to realize this story takes place sometime after the second book not the current 13th book we are on. So in that sense Harry did run true to his character at that time. And while I personally don't think that Harry has changed all that much he has by the time we get the latest release 11 books later. So having the book take place so far back was a slight adjustment, but still nice to see the old Harry out to play. The plot was quick and to the point. I saw one of the twist coming, but I admit no the other. I enjoyed this story and would have loved to see more of it. Alas it wasn't long enough to be a full novel. I highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the series or would like to start the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment