Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Have you ever?

watched a movie that stole your heart in an instant?

Well I just did and wow, I mean wow. I can't even begin to describe this movie. First off I have to say I went into this with a little hesitation. I had heard mixed reviews and was curious as to how this would work out for me. Second I don't speak Hindi nor do I read it. Add to that subtitles are VERY distracting to me and tend to take me out of the movie. That being said this movie didn't use them very much. Now thirdly onto the plot...

From Amazon:
His parents named him Murphy, but everyone calls him Barfi! Always ready with a prank up his sleeve, he's quite the charmer, especially with the ladies! In Darjeeling, Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor) is the talk of the town. Even though he can neither speak nor listen! His bitter-sweet relationship with two beautiful young ladies, Shruti (Ileana D'cruz) and Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra) sets in motion a chain of events that will turn his life upside down! A heart-warming tale of selfless love and about finding happiness in the smallest things in life; that tells you no matter how tough your life may be, ""Don't Worry. Be Barfi!

This does not even begin to describe it. First Shruti is engaged when Barfi meets her and falls in love with her. Now don't get me wrong Shruti falls in love with him, but isn't allowed to marry him. This is where the Notebook references come in. Instead of following her heart she goes ahead and marries leaving Barfi alone and lonely. Add to this Barfi's dad gets ill and needs a kidney transplant that cost more than Barfi could ever afford so he decides to kidnap Jhilmil who just happens to be autistic with a trust fund. Things go wrong and in the end Barfi falls for Jhilmil only to lose her before he realizes it. Will he be able to find her and win her back or is she really gone.

Now in all that there are twist and turns. Add to it we get to see Barfi and Jhilmil falling in love with each other and my gosh is it BITTERSWEET to watch. No one can watch this movie and not cry. Seriously I've watched it twice today and freaking cried like a baby both times. I WANT WHAT BARFI AND JHILMIL HAVE... I do I really, really do.

Anywho if you want a romantic comedy that is sweet, funny, tearful, and wonderfully romantic this is the movie for you! Added bonus you can see it on Netflix instant streaming!! SO GO FORTH AND WATCH and let me know if it was only me that liked it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment